Loving and Just Civilization
The Central Role of Mutual Empowerment
Overview of This Paper
Can human beings create a civilization in which all people have the opportunity to live happy, fulfilled, empowered, and actualized lives (realizing their full potentials) and in which they
• have optimal health of body and mind along with the confidence that they have the competence and power to sustain that optimal health, and
• are connected harmoniously in life-affirming resonance with other people, with the natural world, and within themselves.
This paper is about the fundamental change that is required for us to create this kind of civilization and the steps to get there. Here are sections which constitute the paper. Each topic is presented as a separate topic on this BLOG.
I look forward to your feedback.
Take care, Bill
1 – We Can Create a Loving and Just Civilization
Even though a sense of disempowerment has grown over thousands of years of human history, we still have the capacity to create a loving and just civilization.
2 – Power and Mutual Empowerment: Changing From Power Over to Power To
The distinction between power over and power to
3 – Emotional Resonance – Growth, Development, Survival
Not only are love and emotional resonance wonderful human experiences, they also are necessary for our healthy growth and development, and, most importantly for our survival.
4 – The Opportunity
Mutually empowering relationships can transform individual and institutional behavior which will result in fundamental change.
5 – The Problem With The Supernatural
God, religion, the supernatural, truth – challenging areas to explore through mutual empowerment.
6 – The Practice
Some initial guidelines for mutually empowering relationships
7 – Actions to Move Us From Here to There
To create our desired civilization, fundamental individual and institutional change must occur.
8 – Guidelines for Individual Action for Individual Behavior Change
There is some behavior change that we may be able to accomplish individually.
9 – Guidelines for Actions for Institutional Change – Actions We Must Take With Others – Mutual Empowering Relationships
Fundamental change will result from the actions of people who have adopted the principles of mutually empowerment. Those of us who commit to these principles will work together both to develop our practice as well as to apply them to promote institutional change.
10 – The Practice of Love on the Path to Love
• Individually, humans instinctually (according to our genetic disposition) strive to be one with the free flowing, liberated universal energy, the spirit of the universe.
• We also strive instinctually to be whole and integrated within our individual beings.
• The final piece of this instinctual trinity is that we strive to be deeply connected with, to be one with, to be in emotional resonance with each other.